Sunday 23 December 2007

10 Things You Didn’t Know About Singapurans

Sorry for the long absence, guys. It’s the end of the year and many companies are dumping their budgets into anything they can spend on, and training seems to be the favourite. I was running documentation workshops back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back… and phew, am I tired. The closing workshop was in Singapura last week just before Eid and for the first time, being there for business and not family visiting, it dawned on me that Singapurans are weird people.

I actually composed the latter half of this post on my phone as I was travelling to my client’s place via MRT. Thus, to commemorate my return from the land of fake lions, I present to you, the 10 Things You (Malaysians, that is) Didn’t Know About Singapurans!

1. They will line up around the block for a free newspaper, even if it means they’ll be late for work. (It’s not a cake forgoonessake!)

2. They can’t pronounce Genting properly (Jen-Ting)

3. Their stray cats have mostly been neutered and have one ear clipped to tag them (I wonder if Singapuran men who undergo vasectomies also have their ears clipped?)

4. When they speak of Malaysia, they usually mean Johor Bahru (”Perak? Where’s that?)

5. They think Malaysians can’t speak English.

6. S$200 for season parking is considered cheap.

7. They hate Phua Chu Kang (bit too close to home, I guess).

8. Many of their flats are larger than Malaysian condos.

9. They didn’t even vote for their own candidate, but he became the 1st Asian Idol anyway.

10. Their drivers actually stop at zebra crossings.

and a last one… just for the road…

11. They have no flies.

Majulahhhhh Whiskerspuraaaaa…

No comments:

Post a Comment