Wednesday 12 December 2007

How I know I still have an ego…

Sometimes, one needs to be reminded of one’s own importance in this world. And sometimes, when no one wants to help with that, we take it into our own hands. Here are 10 things I do that prove I still have an ego, and that I am important to me.

1. I call up Mix FM just to be able to hear my own voice on the radio.

2. I call my wife’s handphone just to see my name appear on her screen.

3. I wink at myself in the mirror.

4. I beam at the name printed on my cheque book.

5. I marvel at my name card and my job title.

6. I download other people’s scanned certificates online and replace my name with theirs using Photoshop, then print them out and pin them to my partition.

7. I pin every Hari Raya card I got this year and last year to my partition, even those not from professional contacts.

8. I practise my signature on recycled paper.

9. I laugh at my own jokes.

10. I have 5 blogs and everytime I update one, I ask a friend, “Did you read it? What do you think?”

Upper crust whiskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment