Saturday 1 December 2007

Why my wife is the perfect woman for me (and why I’ll probably not take another three of them)

Some wives are just unsupportive. Mine however, is a dream come true. Foxtrot and I visited a model shop last Thursday and we drooled (I literally did) over the oh-so-unattainable-unless-we-were-freaking-rich Transformers of every variety. Foxtrot commented that his wife never understood what he saw in TF.

Suddenly, I felt like the luckiest man in the world. It never occurred to me until that very moment, just what a catch I actually got. Now get this, I’ve told you before of one of my passions: Silat. But, two other common passions I have are Spider-man and Transformers.

Give me a dose of any of these three any day and I’ll generally leave you alone.

Now, why is my wife perfect? Firstly, because before we got married, we met in the arena. She’s a Silat instructor.

d5d5.jpg

No, she’s not among them, but these are kinda cute though. So, I never hear “Haven’t you had enough of that damn silat blog already???” because she normally gives me ideas on what to blog anyway.

Secondly, after we got married, I introduced her to my comic book collection. She didn’t understand why I had so many Spider-mans. But after I gave her a play-by-play of his origins and backstory and why the movie differed from the comic book and why I didn’t like Dunst for the role, she understood me better.

Spider-man 3 was a real date which she enjoyed.

sm_mag_art.jpg

And lastly, when I stayed home sick from work, I watched my whole collection of Transformers cartoons, from the original series all the way up to Armada, which got her wondering. She had always hated the show from when she was a kid. But, Michael Bay changed all that for her. We watched Transformers The Motion Picture twice in the cinema and 11 times (and counting) on DVD.

She’s now a TF convert.

transformers_optimus.jpg

Nervous as I was before the wedding, I wondered if she’ll be the one for me, or whether I made the right choice. I know now that all that worrying was for nothing.

Thank you, sayang, for being my pinang dibelah dua.

Whiskers and fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment