Tuesday 4 December 2007

Phone call opening lines I hate

Everytime someone calls me, or even IM’s me, there are certain lines I dread to hear. I mean, the normal Melayu greeting of “Apa khabar?” “Sihat?” “Amacam?” (actually this one is Chinese adopted, sudah jadi Malaysian already) actually sound sincere and don’t grate on the ears. But the following ones are sickening to no end. Add on some in the comments if you have any more:

1. “Whatcha doing?” (Talking to you idjit)

2. “Where are you?” (In hell, you busybody)

3. “Busy ah?” (No, I’m dead)

4. “Sleeping ah?” (Yes, I’m sleeptalking)

5. “Not working today ah?” (…)

6. “You heard what happened ah?” (Women would love this. Me, not so much… worse when caller keeps saying, “come on, guess la!” My answer? Click. Toot… toot. toot…)

7. “Why your blog not updated so long?” (Yeah? Why your blog so boring?)

Frazzled Whiskers


Foxtrot’s additions:

1. “Eh, quick one…” (It’s NEVER quick)

2. “Sorry for calling.” (Then DON’T CALL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment